What is WPC Whey Protein Concentrate is a question asked by many and after doing a quick search online for an answer there isn’t much more than lots of links to where you can buy WPC Whey Protein Concentrate.
WPC or Whey Protein Concentrate as it is called too is very similar in its manufacture to WPI.
It does go through a few less processes and so it is less refined and this can be good for you as it means WPC Whey Protein Concentrate works out a bit cheaper for you and also only has a little less protein content that WPI.
WPC comes from a byproduct of the cheese making process and then is micro filtered and ultra filtered to get it to the WPC you get in your bucket of protein powder.
It sits at roughly 80% protein after this process and the rest of the 20% of the WPC is made up of carbohydrates and fat.
WPC Whey Protein Concentrate still has a great essential amino acid breakdown and is absorbed a little slower or broken down a little slower in your system than other protein powder types.
So, finally, what is WPC Whey Protein Concentrate?
WPC, easily put, is a protein powder for you that is manufactured through different processes from the original ingredient, cow’s milk and it is a byproduct of the cheese making processes.
WPC Whey Protein Concentrate can come as a protein blend mix, be added into weight gain, weight loss protein powders or it can be sold as a standalone protein powder by itself in natural unflavoured or in a flavoured formula.
WPC Whey Protein Concentrate is generally a lot cheaper than its counterparts when sold as a standalone protein source but still is great for getting more protein into your daily diet and also for recovery after training.
Either way you can try the WPC Whey Protein Concentrate protein powders and see for yourself how it works for you.
You can buy WPC Whey Protein Concentrate from any Health Food Store or Health Shop, Sports Supplement Shop, Pharmacy / Chemist and in most Supermarkets these days either in store or on their online stores.